Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gambrel Barn Home 24 x32

Last week, as I was finishing up my post, I started thinking about how to shrink my barn home even more. Here's what I've come up with!  

Remember, if you want to see a bigger version of the plan, all you have to do is hold down your Ctrl button and push the + button!

This home has a laundry room with a large closet and a walk-in locker style shower. Just across the hall is a bedroom with a walk-in closet and a beautiful window seat. The full bath has a large tub for soaking in and is reasonably close to the bedroom :) A large pantry is right next to the galley style kitchen in the great room. And the great room is open to the loft above the back rooms. The loft is accessed by the grain bin stair well. (My program doesn't do round so you will have to use your imagination a bit here.) If you didn't want to do the grain bin and were willing to sacrifice the pantry and the walk-in closet, you could put a staircase to the loft there.



There is also a large front porch and a patio. The porch could easily swing all the way around to the grain bin, but I've been a tax assessor to long. Patios will cost less than porches in taxes, especially if you don't use mortar. I really had to reach to put as large of a porch on it as I did. Most people who want a home this small are looking to save money.

I left the loft open here, but it could easily accommodate a small bedroom or two or a master suite.  You could also open part of it to make a second story porch like I did in one of  the second story options in my last post.  Which, by the way, would cost less in tax $ than having a fully enclosed second floor. This picture of it isn't the same scale as the picture of the first floor, but it's the best I can do. I'm including the picture so you can get an idea of what it might look like.



This plan is set up so that it could be built by a modular home builder and be brought in in two 12 x 32 foot sections. The grain bin would probably be something you'd have to come up with yourself. Fortunately, they aren't to hard to come by. 

So, what do you think? 

Anything you would change?

I'm not sure I'm up to a tiny house. 


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment